What a magnificent weekend? (Fun, fun, fun in the sun) First I would like to thanks the “Tres Amigos” (#1, #2 & #3) for the rolling calendar without it there’s no way I can do it because I tried it last year and I came in 7-race short. Yesterday, I successfully completed 52 races in 52 weeks (from May 19, 2007 to May 18, 2008) and am still happily married. So far I wasn’t told to sleep in the doghouse.
- Started with my 1st-double and ended up with my 7th-double. (Same combination: Watershed Preserve and Capital City).
- Completed 40 marathons and 12 ultras mostly from Washington and Western States. (WA=45, OR=2, ID=1, CA=1, MT=1, NV=1 and Vancouver BC=1).
- Travelled by plane=1 (which is a double with Death Valley and New Las Vegas).
- Travelled by car=50. Mostly I carpooled with MM#286 “The Programmer”. My longest drive is 8-hours (485 miles one way) to Missoula Marathon after completing the Lake-Youngs-Ultra. My shortest drive is 15 minutes to Tacoma Marathon.
- Speed training: none. But I would like to receive tips from maniacs-expert on fartlek training. Boston in 2-years? (3:35-I think it’s impossible) but in 7-years. (3:45-possible). Here’s my schedule: Mon=6-miles, Tues=6-miles, Wed=2-hours Ping-pong open tournament every Wednesday from 7:00 -9:00 PM, Thurs=6-mile, Fri=6-miles, Sat=long run from 20-25 miles and Sun=rest.
- Year as a Marathoner: 2 ½ years (consider myself as a neophyte)
- Month as a Maniac: 17-months
- My Favorite: Light at the End of the Tunnel | Most Organized: Portland | Most Friendly: Yakima River Canyon with tons of yellow and great RD | Great Views: Whidbey and Vancouver BC | Least Favorite: Seattle | Best Post Food: Rattlesnake Lake-aka Brian & Monte with Flips and vegetarian dishes.
- Titanium Plaque=$60 but being a member of Marathon Maniacs=PRICELESS.
I deserve a weekend-off. Now I can say that you can do it cheaper with no speed only in the Great-Pacific-Northwest and I know everyone can do it.
“Just do it with a big smile”